Castletown Donkey Derby 1994 goes viral. Click the link to see the video Castletown Donkey Derby
Ripplecom broadband can now offer speeds up to 8mb download speeds with their new improved infrastucture. Ripplecom are the largest supplier of wireless broadband in the country with well over 500 sites spread over 19 counties. For more information go to the website www.ripplecom.net
ICE Broadband customers should contact our Dublin office with any sales or support queries. Tel: 1890 444 111 or email email@example.com
Wireless Broadband Service: A wireless broadband service uses an arrangement of fixed antennas that allows the users to have access with high speed Internet wirelessly over the air. It delivers fast Internet access by means of radio waves as a replacement for of cables or wires.Broadly, when someone talks about ‘wireless’, there are two possible meanings – wireless broadband and wireless networking.Wireless Broadband allows connection to the internet at high speed without the need for wires. A radio transmitter is installed and aligned to a “base-station” providing an always-on broadband connection.Wireless Networking refers to having a ‘wire free’ computer in the house or office linked to a broadband connection. It is a method of linking all of the computers in one area (such as your home) to one internet connection through a wireless network. As the name suggests, by going wireless you do not need to have wires attaching each PC so they can share the internet connection – instead you use a wireless router which sends a signal to each computer using radio waves.
Advantages of Wireless
Wireless connectivity allows users to access a high-speed internet connection, quickly and securely. There are no cables to lay so connections can be made in a matter of hours. There is no need to make any changes to existing phone lines, in fact you don’t even need a phone line. Over-the-air encryption scrambles data bits and prevents interception. Subscriber equipment locking (Only allows authorised subscriber equipment to connect to the base station.
What does Broadband give you?
With Broadband you can download web pages much quicker than you can with a regular dial-up or an ISDN connection. Broadband is ideal for downloading large files such as movies, music, mp3 files and e-mails with files attached. These quicker speeds will make your internet usage much more efficient saving you time and money while also making your internet experience much more enjoyable.
Wireless Versus Cabled
Wireless Broadband is available now, and can be installed in hours, it is a lot more flexible than DSL and can be moved from site to site without much hassle.
If you are wondering what is “contention ratio” then it is basically a word for sharing. If you have seen that a broadband provider has a contention ration of “50:1” and another broadband provider has a contention ratio of “20:1″ and you don’t know what this means or which one is best then it is quite simple.
The “contention ratio” is the maximum number of other people you will have to share the connection infrastructure with. So a contention ratio of 50:1 would mean that the maximum number of people you could be sharing the connection with at anytime is 49 other people. If all 50 people were downloading at the same time then your download speed could drop hugely, in reality though this doesn’t happen and you can enjoy much faster download speeds.
So from this you can see that a contention ratio of “30:1” would be more beneficial than a contention ratio of “50:1”.
Ripplecom Wireless Broadband Services
Ripplecom offers a progressive approach to telecommunication challenges and offers clients the opportunity to exploit the competitive and financial advantages offered by cost efficient and effective Internet access. Ripplecom is committed to eliminating employee frustrations and productivity gaps.Ripplecom delivers a customer service oriented, proven, high quality, high speed, reliable broadband service that enables business clients and residential customers to unleash the full potential of the Internet in a cost efficient manner whether it is for mission critical, educational, or entertainment reasons.
Internet connectivity options
Ripplecom offers a range of Internet connectivity options starting from €39.99 VAT inclusive for a home user. Our Flexible service offerings allow you to decide, not only bandwidth but contention ratio and synchronous upload and download speeds.For details of our customised turnkey solutions, please complete our on-line Enquiry Form or contact us directly on: 1890-RIPPLE or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requires Line of Sight
- Ripplecom provides a free Site Survey upon return of completed contract form
- Ripplecom equipment includes the placement of a “Subscriber Unit” on the roof or wall of the customer’s premises. Note the Subscriber Unit remains the property of Ripplecom
- As your wireless broadband service provides ‘Always-on’ connectivity, we strongly recommend the installation of a firewall or similar security measures
- All subscriptions are paid in advance
- Setup fee assumes a standard install i.e.: 3 hours labour, 20m cable
- Instant Always-on connectivity, 24/7 wireless broadband Internet access. No time wasted in dialling up thereby facilitating efficiency and productivity gains in the workplace
- Information sent/received 10 to 40 times faster than ISDN
- Symmetric speeds for uploads and downloads of data - not available with other broadband solutions such as ADSL or satellite
- Fixed charges. A flat rate charged quarterly facilitates accurate and advanced budgetary planning for business Internet costs - no unpleasant surprises with large phone bills
- Scalability. As your business grows we can increase the access to bandwidth and the speed of data transfers to suit your specific needs
- Security (via proprietary protocols and technologies)
- Personal, flexible service. We are a customer focused company with a commitment to deliver excellent performance and a high quality customer service
- Advanced services available (dynamic bandwidth allocation, VPN, Public IP addresses etc.) A network capable of delivering business-critical applications. That allows customers to increase productivity, efficiency and utilise the many resources available on the web.
- Ripplecom’s solution is totally independent of phone lines - hence no un-bundling delays or line tests
- No installation delays. Unlike ISDN or DSL wireless technology operates independently of cables and copper lines thereby eliminating the necessity to dig up roads, lay new fibre, or test the quality of copper lines, thereby facilitating timely installation
- Ripplecom does not dictate your network layout beyond Network Termination Point. However, as with all broadband connections, a firewall solution is strongly recommended.
If you liked my post, feel free to subscribe to my rss feeds